Friday, August 23, 2013

Painting a Donkey and a Horse from Life


YouTube week continues as I bring you along to the farm to paint a donkey and a horse. (Direct link to YouTube).


Good news on the "How I Paint Dinosaurs" video. At the suggestion of some international customers, I set up the digital download with another portal called Sellfy that accepts Paypal. You can access it directly at this link, or use the embedded button below.

It's also available via credit card at Gumroad and as a DVD at Kunaki.

Don't miss my Concert Window live drawing demo event Saturday, Aug. 24 at 7:00 pm.

5 comments:

Tyler J said...

Beautiful work, as always. I love the pace of this video and the fact that you allow your false starts to be in it (encouraging for those of us with lots of false starts).

This is a small point, but I was wondering how you got the great suggestion of his skin around his lips and muzzle. Presumably this was skillful use of the brush texture but I would have to go in with a much smaller brush and put those lighter blue accents in one at a time.

Really enjoying the YouTube week =)

Diana Moses Botkin said...

You always inspire, James. These beautiful studies have made my day today. I especially love that curve on the front ridge of Turk's skull that shows so prettily in profile.

Emily said...

Thank you for doing these! It's so helpful to see how you work.

Rob Kulas said...

This longer format is my favorite. I know these are time consuming to make. They are so educational. Thank You!

Rob K.

tayete said...

Thanks for allowing Paypal, Mr. Gurney and listening to your customers, fans and groupies (for sure there must be some around). Now downloading...