Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Dinotopia Episode 6

Today we continued with Episode Six of the serialized podcast of Dinotopia: A Land Apart from Time, but the episode only stayed live for a week.

Are there meateaters in Dinotopia? You bet! And in this episode we see what happens when you encounter them.

Arthur learns about the sabertooth cats that once lived in Waterfall City.

They outfit a convoy for a journey across the Rainy Basin, where tyrannosaurs present a constant threat.

And we witness Bix bravely face off against a T. rex.

The Podcast Series
This acoustic adventure was produced by Tom Lopez, mastermind of the ZBS Foundation, with an original music track by composer Tim Clark.

Episode 7 arrives in a week. Each short episode will only be live online for one week, and then it will disappear.

If you'd like to purchase the full two-hour Dinotopia podcast right now and hear all twelve episodes back to back in a feature-length production, check out Dinotopia at ZBS Foundation website for the MP3 download.
----
You can also order the original book from my web store and I'll sign it for you. It's the ultimate holiday gift for the imaginative person in your life. (Ships via Media Mail within 24 hours of your order, so it may or may not arrive in time for Christmas. US orders only for the book, please). The Dinotopia book is also available from Amazon.
----
There will be an exhibit of Dinotopia originals at the Stamford Museum and Nature Center in Connecticut from February 14 - May 25, 2015. I'll be giving an illustrated lecture there on Sunday, February 22.

3 comments:

Jared Cullum said...

I love these. I have a quick question. My wife and I are planning on coming up from Virginia to Stamford for the Dinotopia show coming soon. I would love to catch a lecture or workshop if you have plans worked out with the museum. Are there going to be any through the show's duration?
I figured you'd post about it at some point but I'm too excited not to ask.

James Gurney said...

Jared, thanks for asking. The plan is for me to give a talk at the Stamford Museum and Nature Center in Connecticut on Sunday, February 22. That museum will be hosting the Dinotopia exhibition from February 14 - May 25, 2015. http://www.stamfordmuseum.org/upcoming-exhibit.html

Jared Cullum said...

Thanks very much! I apologize if I made you repeat yourself from overlooking it, if you'd mentioned it previously on the blog. I look forward to the talk and exhibition!