Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Winter Pond in Gouache


Yesterday I painted this gouache of a small pond in our forest under four inches of new snow. The air was below freezing, but a bonfire next to me kept the paint from freezing.

Here's another blog post showing behind the scenes of the making of this painting.
----
Thanks to everyone who follows me @jamesgurneyart on Instagram. We just passed 80k followers! If you do Instagram, please check out my feed. I often share additional images and videos than what you see here.

5 comments:

Susan Krzywicki said...

Beautiful. The golden shimmer draws the eye.

Andra said...

Beautiful vignette; I love the brown/gold/blue colour palette here.

duanetheartist said...

Excellent. Looking forward to the video.

Bil Hardenberger said...

It's these seemingly simple subjects that I love the most from you James.. they are very Andrew Wyeth. You are the master of painting standing water that's for sure.

TAP said...

Beautiful!
Thanks for all the great posts and inspiration.
Happy holidays!